Thread: Riding in Doncaster, Hexthorpe BMX track. And surrounding downhill tracks.

Default Riding in Doncaster, Hexthorpe BMX track. And surrounding downhill tracks.

Afternoon all.
    (this has also been posted on pinkbike forums under united kingdom
    See link: http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...hreadid=132273 )

Due to local demand, mostly from younger riders i bump into that have informed me time and time and time again to try and setup a Stable BMX club for them to use. based on the Hexthorpe BMX track in Doncaster.

Ive made an enquiry to the council and a few local schools to start building a network of people willing to back the idea. so now im looking at the other local riders in the area that will work with me to help push this idea and build the community.

the plan is:
    Hopefully get a club setup with stable management so that we can create a strong club.

use that as a springboard to hopefully get the council to develop more skate parks, an issue that the council has overlooked is that the skateparks are in rough area's and suffer at the hands of A$$ pirates looking to do nothing more than ruin stuff. also ive been told stories of kids having the Phones bikes mp3 players etc stolen in these rough area's scaring riders away.

then, after the council have started to get involved, we can start looking at public land that can be built on. Expanding the club from just the bmx track to dirt jumps and maybe when i have enough profits for the bike shop im setting up another indoor skate park.

i want people to be involved, but only do it if your committed. passionate and have a genuine desire to help the riding community in this area.

We'll probably end up doing things like, going into schools and doing talks on cycling and whats going on where and when. drumming up interest, Riding your bike is damn good fun. but some schools turn it into a boring way to get to the shops and back, like at my younger sisters school.

Help organising events at the track or at local dirtjumps etc.

And most importantly spreading the word. more people that know about this, the more Muscle we have for when it comes to going to council meetings and what not.
    Last edited by shifty365; 12-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Hey, I'm down the road in Cleethorpes, and I just want to wish you the best of luck. Might be worth checking out GYPO in Clee, our local BMX organisation for some help/inspiration.

Will

**UPDATE**

after a few weeks of working with the council and local group we now are on the verge of setting up the club, we've setupa facebook page for this,

http://www.facebook.com/HexthorpeHawks

please like us and share the page, the more support we get means that we have better chances of developing the track and bowls for the community

many thanks!

(willysnow- thanks for the support mate, could you pass me the details for the club out in the cleethorpes area? im not sure where it is)

http://www.gypobmx.co.uk/Wordpress/ this is their site, hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by willysnow View Post
    http://www.gypobmx.co.uk/Wordpress/ this is their site, hope it helps!
    Cheers Meert.

Dont suppose you know how to get in touch with dirt magazine? someones email adress perhaps?

Depends what for, billy(a)dirtmag.co.uk for getting a web story published, mike(a)dirtmag.co.uk is the editor of the paper mag.